Solo – The Worlds Largest Message in a Bottle

Trailer: The World’s Largest Message In A Bottle from Solo on Vimeo.

For the last six months I have been very busy working on a project called The Worlds Largest Message in a Bottle for Solo, a Norwegian softdrink. The project involved building an eight meter long bottle and installing cameras, a power source, a satellite link and a server. We launched the bottle from the Canary Islands on the 13th of March and we are tracking it across the Atlantic on If you guess correctly where it ends up you win a bottle of Solo for every nautical mile it has traveled.

Continue reading Solo – The Worlds Largest Message in a Bottle

Norwegian Oil and Gas Association – The Deep Sea Hunt


For the last 6 months I have been exploring the depths of Node.js creating a server for a strategy game called The Deep Sea Hunt. The prize was rather large giving the winner a scholarship worth 300 000 NOK. We wanted eliminate cheating so we had to move all the game logic to the backend while maintaining a smooth user experience. For this we used node.js and

Continue reading Norwegian Oil and Gas Association – The Deep Sea Hunt

Impossible impossiball

Finally we are live! is an installation at Aker Brygge in Oslo where you can test your luck. The installation consists of a machine that drops a table tennis ball for each player through a maze and if the ball hits a small hole the player wins her share of 250,000,- Norwegian kroners. Anyone with a Norwegian mobile phone can join either via text message or the website. If there are no winners, which is extremely likely, the prize will be given to a random participant.

Continue reading Impossible impossiball

Fans and Inductive Loads

Inductive kickback sounds scary so I have been trying to and possibly failing to  understand the theory behind it and how to counter it. I have at least done my best to prevent the Micronel Centrifugal Fan I have been using for my table tennis project from frying my relays by adding a kickback diode. Initially the wiring threw me for a loop until I found that for some odd reason the red cable is negative and black positive. Luckily nothing got fried in the process. Measuring the voltage spikes before I added the diode and after shows a definitive difference. There is no measurable voltage spike with the diode attached. Fingers crossed that I got this right.

Research and development of new and novel ways of interaction, data gathering and imaging using open hardware and custom software.